Wednesday, December 26, 2012

To cut or Not to cut, That is the question

Been getting short hair gitters for about 3 weeks now. I'm going back and forth and weighing the pros and cons on doing the big chop* now meaning the next few weeks or later which would be in august at 10 months post relaxer* 

Reasons for wanting to big chop now. Aside from getting really anxious and just wanting to start the other long journey of dealing with natural hair. I'm having a hard time working the two textures newly unrelaxed hair and relaxed ends. ALREADY.
The easiest thing for me to do is wear my hair up. Braid outs and twist and even knots outs end up looking like the wind blew my hair. And not in a good way. I'm guessing the hair that's growing from my roots grow upwards because my hair never comes out just laying down. Even when I did my Curlfomers. The curls came out Lovely! but I couldn't leave my hair that way because I look like Medusa. SMH

This long term transition seems like it's going to be cut short. I love the style I want to go for but the more I think I'm wondering how it will play out if I left a bit of relaxed ends for styling purposes.
I know either way if I do the chop now or later, I'm going to have that awkward phase where my hair is too short for anything only thing with the styled cut is, it's going to be growing in three different layer/lengths. Which i'm kind of okay with. Once it get's fugly I'll just turn to my trusty sew in which never fails me.

Uggh I wish I had more feedback on this blog because I really need some help right now.

But it feels good to get this out in writing at least it won't be dancing around in my head some much. I hope. Anyways. Hair's the style :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment